Sunday, November 20, 2011

From the personal style blog of "What I Wore" (with link)

What I Wore, Jessica Quirk, WIW, What i Wore Today, Whatiwore, Personal style blogger, fashion blog on tumblr
WhatIWore:
When:
Nov 16, 2011
What:
Button Down: J. Crew (mens)
Sweater: St. James (c/o Tails and the Unexpected)
Corduroys: J. Crew
Watch: c/o Timex
Shoes: Jeffery Campbell (c/o ModCloth 2010)
Where:
Studio, Errands
Why:
A kid (or adult) will never forget the first time he or she learned to ride a bicycle. Imagine the look on a child’s face when they first scoot away sans training wheels. Freedom. Possibility!! Riding a bike has been so deeply ingrained into my childhood that I’ve managed to have a full fledged love affair as an adult. I LOVE TO RIDE BIKES. It wasn’t until a few years ago when I finally bought my first bike as an adult from the Brooklyn Flea. A 1956 Raleigh Cruiser. That (pretty) piece of junk weighed a ton and could barely manage the hills of Fort Greene and Park Slope Brooklyn. A year or so later, I upgraded to a sea foam green and red cruiser, which I love dearly, but is a tad small for my height. So fast forward to about a month ago, when PUBLIC bikes got in touch wondering if I’d take one of their models for a spin. Are you kidding me?! OF COURSE!!
Now, I don’t have a lot of technical verbiage in the bicycle department, but I’d do my best for this review.
My cream M3 bicycle arrived mostly assembled in a large box and included some tools and touch up paint to finish the job. All I had to do was cut all of the shipping ties and cardboard away from the bike and install the handle bars and foot pedals. I watched a video on their website for guidance and it took me about 10 minutes to complete. I went on my first ride that afternoon and took some notes when I got back to my desk.
First thoughts on my PUBLIC:
  • Beautiful
  • Super easy to put together
  • Light weight
  • Beautiful
  • Fun to ride!
  • Comfortable
  • Handle bars are high enough
  • Perfect for riding in a skirt
  • I feel so cute riding it
  • I love my new bicycle
I’m yet to find any cons with this bike, but if I do, I’ll let you know. It’s a real pleasure to review something so high quality (and chic!) and I am so grateful that PUBLIC sent me this bike. I’ve also added my own basket and a new red bell. And I’ve received so many compliments as I spin around town too!
—-
Now, a few notes about the outfit. I was feeling like a tomboy this morning, but the first thing Adam said when he saw my outfit was “You look so Parisian.” Ok! I’ll take it! (Although I think the St. James sweater has something to do with that!) I also wish you could see the color of these cords better - they are a very soft sage green. I love how all of the colors in this outfit work together, yet don’t match. Perfect for a half day at the studio and a bunch of errands later on. And if your keen eyes noticed a bit of cat hair on this sweater - you’re oh-so-right. I’m taking my new little baby Raymond to the vet this afternoon and I. Cannot. Stop. Snuggling. Him. Last night he slept on my hair. I am now a full fledged cat lady. And a bike lady! And I love it!
What I Wore, Jessica Quirk, WIW, What i Wore Today, Whatiwore, Personal style blogger, fashion blog on tumblrWhat I Wore, Jessica Quirk, WIW, What i Wore Today, Whatiwore, Personal style blogger, fashion blog on tumblr

http://whatiwore.tumblr.com/post/12884250089/what-i-wore-a-girl-and-her-bicycle

No comments:

Post a Comment