Friday, December 2, 2011

Getting Rid of Stuff

Guest post written by my buddy Hans Hale

I moved from my long time home last month and I am still working on getting everything together in my new house. Doing some of the work was pretty easy, like signing up for Clear wireless internet service and finding movers. But the real adventure started when I had to unpack and settle in. I thought it would only take me a few days to finish unpacking, but it has been almost a month now and there are still full boxes lying around. I don’t think I realized how much unimportant stuff I have accumulated over the years. I need to go through all of the boxes and set aside a pile for donations, and a pile to keep. I just don’t have space for all of the things I decided to keep. I guess I should have given away all of my unwanted possessions before I moved, but I worried that I would miss them once I was in my new place. Now that I’m in my new home I feel totally different. These things that I felt so attached to only a short time ago, are just a nuisance to me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment